cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage / top-up

ajnojadera
I'm a participant level 3

I added 2 of the data top ups a few days ago and cancelled it as of right now which is when my Data cycle resets. I texted for both top ups to cancel and the message for both says that I no longer have access from my account. Just to make sure its removed, I texted CANCEL to 222 again and it says that I don't have any top ups on my account. I looked at my account and it says that my regular usage was up and shows that I still have the data amount from top ups left. Does it take some time to update my account after cancelling the top ups when my data cycle resets? My max usage per month is 5GB and it shows that I already used up my data after the cycle resets.

8 REPLIES 8

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ajnojadera

You'll still have access to the data top-up until the end of your current cycle when you deactivate this feature this way. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. Let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley 

ajnojadera

Okay, so I just saw that the regular usage has reset but it shows the top ups is still there. Even if I canceled the top ups, am I getting charged on this cycle if I didn't exceed my regular usage? 

Hey @ajnojadera

If you remove it after the first day of the billing cycle it gets disabled the last day of the current bill cycle. A final charge will appear on the next invoice, which covers the Top-up for the current bill cycle.

It is also important to send the ``Cancel`` text message for as many times that you had purchased Data Top-Ups. It needs to be done for each Data Top-Up. 

ajnojadera

Okay because I'm just wondering if I'm getting charged on this even if I didn't exceed my regular usage on my next invoice. 

If the top-up was canceled before your new cycle started, then no you shouldn't be charged for it.

But if you canceled the top-up after the cycle started, then yes you will be charged and you will be able to use the extra data.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you! Smiley

zak1212
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

As per Crtc guidlines you shouldn't have to pay if you haven't gone over your data limit.But then again if they can get away with it why not 

Hey @zak1212

Welcome to the community Smiley

Just to clarify, data top-ups are not charges for data usage.  These are recurring add-ons that you can add to your plan to get more data.  These stay on your account until you remove them.

ajnojadera

So even if I canceled it and it indicated that I have no top ups, am I getting charged for it? I'm wondering why it's showing my regular usage maxed and I'm using the the top ups still even though I canceled it already after the data cycle resets.