cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data confusion

JT17
I'm a contributor level 1

On April 1 I changed my plan to 10 gb medium.  The problem the data was added to the data counter, making it difficult to track.  On April 6 I got a 2 gb data top up, as a result of reaching 90% of my usage.  Currently my data total is 16 gb, far ok of line.  The question is how do i know my usage before the new period.

3 REPLIES 3

JT17

Thank you for your professionalism.  Your explanation has cleared it up.  Have a great day

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It was our pleasure to help Smiley Have a great day as well!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @JT171

Changes to your plan and options done mid-cycle might be confusing sometimes, but we're here to help :).

When you complete a plan change and increase the amount of data included in it, the Data top-ups added previously will remain until the end of your current billing cycle. That being said, if you have any monthly recurring top-up option, make sure to have it removed if you don't need it anymore. You can do so by texting "CANCEL" to 222. For more info, check out this link.

As a general rule, the data allowance shown on your Fido mobile app is what you should be using as a reference. As of your next billing cycle, all the changes made recently will take full effect.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like us to look into it I'd invite you to contact us here. We can also send you a PM if you prefer.

Hope this helps :).