Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data availability in another province

Carolinej
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi all,

I will be travelling to BC with a 5GB data plan from Ontario in July. Will I still be able to use the data without extra charge in another province?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Carolinej,

Welcome to the community!

From what you note, it appears you have a data-only plan. You should be able to use the data anywhere in Canada on the Fido/Rogers networks without issue.

Depending on your destination, if the area is not adequately covered by Fido/Rogers, your device might connect to extended coverage (Fido-EXT). You should note that you would need to enable roaming data on your device when connected to extended coverage. Once enabled, you should be able to use data without issue.

There are no additional charges for access to extended coverage. However, there are limitations to its usage (ie the majority of your usage needs to be on your home network). If you are only visiting the area for a relatively short period (less than 3 months), that limit should not be an issue.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Carolinej,

For the longest time, Fido plans have always been Canada wide so you can travel anywhere in Canada and use your phone without any extra charges. You can confirm if you look at your plan details it should say Canada-wide minutes it would also apply to the data.