Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHL China Spamm

ScutuMix
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Fido,

This problem is getting worst and worst every day! I get 2-3 calls, if not more, each day. I don't speak/understand Chinese so they can't trick me, but this is becoming annoying. I've exited from important meetings, putted on hold important people to pickup those call - to find this disappointment again!

Please do something, offer me an option to block all phone calls from China, increase your security system, call DHL and told them to stop these messages from China, I don't know, but do something!

It's extremely annoying and has no positive impact on me!

5 REPLIES 5

Ihatespam
I'm a participant level 1

I share this concern.  I am getting an endless number of interruptions in my day and usefull messages plugging up my very teeny tiny voicemail allocated by Fido.  It Fido can't control this spam then perhaps you can increase our voice mail box size.  These idiots are filling up my voice mail and leaving no room for real callers to leave messages. This is making me think of switching to another provider with a bigger voice mail allocation if nothing else.

What can be done to stop the spam calls from 866-888-3436. I keep getting this stupid "Fido Chinese" voice recording and it takes up valuable room on my extremely limited voice message system with Fido. What can be done to stop this please?  If Fido can't fix it then please provide increased voicemail allocation.

Hello @Ihatespam,

Welcome to the community!

I definitely get how this can be a bother. The best you can do for the moment is block the numbers that call you if they aren't blocked. We are currently working hard with partners to finally reduce or stop these types of calls. 

You can also report these numbers to the Canadian anti-spam Legislation here.  

-FidoAnthonyZ

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ScutuMix,

I think everyone is rather fed up about getting SPAM and SCAM calls from spoofed numbers. Unfortunately, there currently isn't much that any of the mobile providers can do to prevent them. Since the spammers/scammers use spoofed numbers, it is not possible to identify the true spammers' number. However, the mobile providers are implementing Universal Call Blocking which is meant to block calls from malformed phone numbers. That said, I'm doubtful whether it will have much of an effect on the amount of SPAM or SCAM calls since many of them appear to have properly formed phone numbers.

Mobile providers and landline providers simply cannot block a number without absolute proof that the owner of the number is engaged in nefarious activities. If the spammers chose to spoof your number. I think you would agree that if they blocked your number simply based on its apparent use to make SPAM calls or send SPAM SMS, you would not be impressed.

Unfortunately, until the technology to unmask the true number of spammers/scammers is readily available (not simply the number shown on the caller ID), the only solution currently is to block the numbers on your phone.

@ScutuMix wrote:..offer me an option to block all phone calls from China...

Are the phone calls actually coming from China? Do they even appear to be from China? I think your phone log will show North American numbers because of spoofing. We can't be certain those Chinese SPAM calls actually originate from China. It's likely that the spammers use computers to make the calls and send SMS using an IP phone service. They could be from anywhere.

That said, if you would like to block calls from China on your phone, you should be able to block phone numbers starting with '+86'.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Shawrupa

How do you stop these calls ? When you block a number they call from different ones. 

Hey @Shawrupa

We moved your post to this thread as it deals with a similar topic.

Take a look at the accepted solution for some help!