cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVICE PROTECTION - Am I still covered after 12 months?

JulzP
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I saw the fine print in about the accidental damage in this website: 

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/catalogue/deviceprotection

"You are limited to two replacements during a 12-month period."

I am just wondering what will happened if I accidentally damage my phone after one year? 

I have a brand new iPhone 6s and paying 11 dollars per month for hardware protection.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @JulzP & welcome to the Community! Smiley

The fine print that you quoted basically means that if within 12 months you replace your phone twice, the device protection plan will be cancelled.

You however can file a claim after a year should something happen to your phone. Also, if you replace your phone once in a 12 month period and the following year you need to replace your phone again, you'll still be good to go provided that the claim is filed within 30 days of the incident.

Hope this helps!

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Word of advice. READ THE FINE PRINT.

To asnswer your question, if your damange is 'covered' by the Accidental Damage Protection. The phone will be sent to a third party facility for repair. If they determine the phone does needs repair you will pay a minimum repair fee (dependent on phone model) and they will repair it. The third party can also exchange you a refurbished phone of the same model (but might not be same colour). The thrid party can take their time with the repair so you might need a loaner phone during the period.

again read the fine print entirely to know exactly how your protection plan works. My details above might be outdated.

Best advice, get a good phone case to protect your $1000 phone