cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEAF accessibility

Deaf75
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been hearing impaired subsequent to surgery and an injury since 2014. I wear hearing aids. I recently developed severe hearing loss (profound). August 13, i no longer hear words, just sounds. I have registered for many services through my cell phone such as IP relay service and T911. There is a service available through Fido solutions to transcribe voicemail message. That service is $7.00 per month. i do not want this service. i need it for when i get calls from doctor or hospital. I should not be charged a monthly fee for a service. This is profiting off the disabled. I was granted a 10$ monthly accessibility discount because i am part of a disability group. Therefore, paying 7$ per month would mean i am actually getting a 3$ discount. How is this fair? Already i pay for a phone i cannot talk through. Now i have to pay for a transcription service? We didn't choose to be deaf.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Deaf75,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that the $7 per month is for the Value Pack. Are you aware that the Premium Voicemail-to-text might be available on its own? I understand it's not listed on the Fido Add-on page, however, I believe it is an option you can request from customer service. As a standalone add-on, the cost would be less than that for the Value Pack.

If you would like to switch to the standalone Visual Voicemail add-on, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers