cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service is a thing of the past

melly3782
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My 2 year subscription is up and it's time to change my phone.

I decided to call Customer Service and speak to a real live human, this was my first mistake!

A woman answered the phone with children screaming in the background. 

I figured, ok, people are working from home these days, I get that, no problem.

She asked me what I needed and I let her know that I would like to renew my 2 year plan with the same plan I have, pay no more than I already do and get a new phone.

I explained that it could be any old iPhone laying around, I don't need the latest, but I didn't want to pay any additional fees as I have been a client for 14 years and have always been provided with credits and never had to pay, since I was always taking older versions.

After I explained myself, the woman on the phone literally sighed and simply said "no". That was it. Did not look into my account, did not see what she could offer, just "No", we can't do that, you need to upgrade and pay more.

Again I explained that a certified pre-owned, old model, is just fine, I will accept anything, provided I can keep my same plan and pay no more.

Again, she said no there is nothing I can do!

I was clearly bothering her and I was left dumbfounded.

Not a solution to be provided in sight!

No options, at all, were given and all while the children continued to scream!

Is this what it's come to?  I have no words anymore for humanity...

1 REPLY 1

Hi there @melly3782 , that was a very unfortunate experience that I'm pretty sure Fido would not want you to have. May I suggest reaching out to fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook to discuss your account with you and what your options are? Just to let you know that I don't think that there are any subsidized phones anymore. So that might be an issue for you if you don't want to change your plan. A customer service representative should be able to answer that for certain. I have always had great success with the Twitter contact method. I hope you are able to achieve your goal. All the best and stay well