cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Rude and Not ready to listen

Mongap
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been Fido customer for past 8 years and been myself into customer service for past 17 years so very well know the limit while telephonic conversation and full respect toward CSs.

Please listen to my recording and see how rude your customer service retention team is: Specific example during the conversation : I am telling CSs that on Bell.ca the price of Samsung Galaxy S22+ is $15.58 and your CSs doesn't want to listen and acknowledge the fact.

Please tell me what should a customer like me to who isn't treated respectively and hitting the wall everytime we look for a solution.

Looking forward to hear back from you guys

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mongap,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you felt your customer service interaction was not positive. However, you should note that Fido does not generally price match on an individual basis. They are not obliged to consider other providers' offers.

That said, it is also important to note that the different providers may offer different financing options. The full price of the device you note practically costs the same with either provider ($1729 Fido vs $1730 Bell). I understand Bell advertises that monthly cost on their website. However, that option is only available with their Device Return option. That is, that offer is akin to a lease. The device must be returned at the end of the term. If you wished to keep the device, or the device is not in adequate condition, you would need to pay the remaining balance of the device. Their Keep It option is rather similar to Fido.

On the other hand, Fido does not offer any lease-type options. They will only finance the cost of the device. At the end of the term, there is no need to return the device nor any remaining balance to pay.

If you do the math, both providers are offering similar credits towards the phone. It should be noted that if a contract is ended early, the remaining balance for total cost of the device would be required.

Some people prefer lease-type offers (ie Device Return or Upfront Edge etc) while others might prefer full financing. However, those two options cannot be compared with each other.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers