cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service/Retention

faSFGASDF
I'm a participant level 3

If anything this is for visability. I have been using Fido for almost 8 years, called them to see if they could match their competitors. After going back and forth for a while, the best they could do is match the plan and give me 9 dollars off a new phone (this includes me using all my fido dollars) compared to their competitors pricing. Weak customer service and retention.

***Edited to add labels***

27 REPLIES 27

xceptional
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

My sister-in-law check with fido if they have any better plans for her and fido say no.

She buys Bell and request port request. fido gets the request and retention team calls her to offer her amazing package. 

why you wait for customers to go through all this and not offer the same when they asked you. I asked today they said this is the best option available. I am probably gettin Telus tomorrow since they have an excellent plan for 5GB of data.

Hey @xceptional

I'm sad to read that you're thinking of leaving.  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your account together.

Talk to you soon!

Kitch1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

That would be a valid comparison ("A&W burgers") if the reality of the situation were A&W customers being under (2-3 year) contract(s) with that company over a long (many year) period, not allowing them to eat hambergers at any other chain while under said contract(s).  Also taking note that the customer can only have one secific hamburger under the contract terms and if he/she is looking to "upgrade" there is (typically) a substantial fee, and in some cases they aren't able to upgrade to a better hamburger at all in the begining stages of said contract(s).

What long term customers are typically seeking is some show of loyalty that the company they have been with, (under contracts) for years, is willing to take the extra step to keep them content & do the legwork on their end to create a better cell plan (& desired upgraded headset at low cost) that the competition is currently offering to brand NEW customers.  We don't feel that is, in any way, too much to ask for as long term customers.

Thanks for your the kinds words @faSFGASDF! We always make sure that we give options to our customers. As Maria mentioned, if the option isn't there, we can't apply it, but we certainly try our best. Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @faSFGASDF & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to see that you're unsatisfied with what you were offered. Sad Rest assured that we do value loyalty and want to offer the best value to our customers. That said, it's also important to understand that we can only offer what we have available. While we can sometimes match competitor pricing, it's not always an option available to us.

If you'd like me to go over your options again to see if anything was missed, let me know & I'll send you a PM. You can also reach us through one of these channels.

Cheers Smiley

faSFGASDF

Hi FidoMaria,

First of all I would like to apologize if I came off as rude. I was extremely frustrated yesterday after getting off that phone call with one of your service rep. While I understand that it is sometimes hard to price match a competitors if they have a promotion, this was straight from their website that anyone new could get. I would very much appreciate it if it is possible if I could go over my options as it would be much more convenient just to stay with Fido.

Hi @faSFGASDF

I'll be happy to take a look at your options!

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.