cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit evaluation refused due to the expiry date of the credit card.

leeyongl5263
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, my grilfriend and I are trying to move the mobility service to Fido from other company.

I could get the deal "Samsung Galaxy S10" with $19.99 per month and no other charges (except montly bill).

However, my girl friend also wished to get this deal from online but she got stuck on the step that is checking her credit. It says her credit card will be expiring soon. (It's gonna expire at July this year) She will get the extended credit card soon anyway. Also, her credit is very good too. 

Is there any way to get this deal?? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Leeyoungl5263,

Welcome to the community!

If your girlfriend is a new customer and she is requesting to open an account with Fido, a credit check through a credit bureau would be required. While those validations may also verify her credit card status, they don't usually depend on its expiry date.

Your girlfriend might consider verifying with the credit bureaus (ie Equifax and/or TransUnion) that her credit is in good standing.

Were there repeated attempts to open accounts? Each attempt could affect credit scores.

If your girlfriend's credit is in good standing, she might consider contacting customer service to see if they can provide any information regarding her attempt to get that deal.

Hope this  helps 😀

Cheers