Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card charge displays as ROGERS/FIDO BILL 888-764-3771

david20
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, 

The below was charged on my credit card bill. i dont understand why . I checked my phone fido account, it didnt show the payment for 1$ like this . It seems there is phone number next to it to call, but i dont like to waitting periods for very long time while i still have to work. This isnt something from my side. So i hope they can solve this problem for me. Thanks

Oct 18, 2019Oct 18, 2019

ROGERS/FIDO BILL 888-764-3771$1.00 
ROGERS/FIDO BILL 888-764-3771$1.00
5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @david20

Thanks for inquiring about this!

This looks like a charge to validate your credit card, these kind of charges are normally pending and get refunded on your card directly. 

Did you change your payment method or attempt to make a payment with your credit card?

Let us know!

EdeS
I'm a participant level 2

Hi I happened to be checking my credit card statement and noticed a charge from Fido for $9.30 on Sep 24 with this number displayed. But we did not call this number or provide card details. I'm adding this to the post since it sounds similar to what David20 experienced. Here is the detail shown on my statment

FIDO Mobile ******* 888-764-3771 ON
Any advice on how this could have happened would be appreciated.

Hey @EdeS! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

We'd have to check your account directly to confirm charges and payments, although I can confirm that this is the contact number for Rogers, our parent company. This is to identify the party that was charging the amount on your statement.

You can contact us here for us to look at your account or request a PM from the community.

EdeS

Thanks. I did contact the company and was able to figure out that this was against a partial payment I had made. So not anything to be concerned about.

We're thrilled to read that! Thanks for sharing @EdeS. Smiley