cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid

Myopinion
I'm a participant level 3

Disgusting.  If you decided to do something for this country - you would have considered allowing your customers a few free months - feed themselves and let them decide what to do with their cash.  Your type of companies - that are asking the poor for more - make me sick   

Not against helping - and I have - but I got my bill and then this asking me for money ..  Companies like Rogers - Fido - can certainly contributed towards their good loyal customers and let us help out our families and friends by way of bringing them food 

7 REPLIES 7

Myopinion

I replied to something via emaol in a second post.   I just learned how to reply ....    I'm suggesting / Fido : Rogers - do your part!    My bill is paid ...   wasn't the issue..mine is don't ask me for $130 for my monthly bill and then send an email in behind asking me to donate ... you big guys - help out the customers that are likely in need of help in many instances .  

Myopinion

I can't see where to reply to a comment ...but to clarify.   I paid my bill immediately.  What I found so offensive was that Fido contacted me via email shortly after.   Claiming doing their part.  I'm not looking to have my plan for free -  but - as opposed to having a company like Fido asking for more money / do something to help as opposed to asking for more.   Perhaps something like asking us if we want to donate a portion of our bill to a good cause -  or - offer a few months of free service or a better rate service so we can choose to help friends and family... or pay our rent.     There was nothing wrong with my bill ...it was simply the timing that caused the distaste ...  asking me for money.  Fido could  impliment something else ...    I have been doing my part - why don't the bigwigs too ...   especially companies that have millions of customers.  

Myopinion

And the other suggestions 

okay.  What about 1 month at 50% off and nothing to families that have lost their income for the time being. Again you miss the point.  You seem pretty well informed.  How many customers does Fido currently have?! Guesstimate if you must..

and - there are plenty of places for us to give of ourselves and our pocket.  You get the gist though so the cherry-picking and back patting for giving people free roaming when free flights are being offered seems .,well / you get what I think.  I'm saying you could ci more. And AGAIN. THE TIMING. YOU ASK ME FOF $130. TO PAY MY BILL ... and then ask me to donate.  Maybe wait 3-4 hours.  Or maybe say something kind like saying hey Canadians.   Please don't worry about your bill if you have lost your jobs - until after you see if you qualify for assistance.   

Too eloquent of an answer ...an apology would have been better. Even about just the timing.   And yes. Up to 3 months might be necesssy for some people 

no need to reply.   I'm even more disappointed.  My quick upset reply was just that.  I'm entitled to being disappointed.  

big companies like Fido can do a lot more.  You asked me.  I was simply asking you back 

Hello again @Myopinion,

To reply you just need to hit the reply button at the bottom of the post.

I'm not sure what e-mail you are referring to because I personally have not received any e-mail asking for anything. You have mentioned twice now they should offer a few months of free service.

Let's look at this under a different light, currently, Rogers and its subsidiaries employ tens of thousands of people. Should Rogers not generate any revenue for a few months that would mean tens of thousands of employees will not get paid and in turn would not afford to take care of their families. This would defeat what you would want.

If you are not aware Rogers/Fido is currently waiving roaming fees for customers outside of the country, waiving Canadian long-distance, waiving data overage fees on home internet usage and offering flexible payment options for those that cannot afford to pay their invoice in full see here

Also, Rogers donated one million meals to Food Banks Canada and is using all their media platform to spread the awareness see here. Maybe this has something to do with the e-mail you received.

These are troubling times and we all need to be responsible and do our part whether a company/individual gives $1 or a million every little bit count.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Myopinion,

If I understand you correctly it is of your opinion that companies like Rogers, Fido...Should give their customers a few months of free service so they can use the money to feed themselves, friends and family? This is because you got your invoice for the service they provided to you? Are there any discrepancies with the charges? Are there any additional charges that should not be there?

Myopinion

I had a little read thru your first comment again. I was out volunteering when I got the 2 emails - and could only respond on breaks.  

I did in fact receive an email asking me to send money - so what if you did or didn't.  Are you a customer ..  how do you fit in here.  Is this something you do for free?  

I thought this forum was to discuss things with the public ... bad experience and I clicked a button ..before I felt things were handled .. just so I could unwind at the end of the day if actually helping others. 

I wonder if this grand group has employees that have been laid off - and if they qualify for EI.    

- and regardless of whether you got an email or not asking for money ..I did 

So - yes - please take the time to dig through the info - and respond to the rest of the points you conveniently stepped over. 

I think you must know what I am getting at - Fido / Rogers should do much much more  .  They asked me for something.   And now I'm asking them.  Instead I got someone like you asking about my bill if something was amiss ... almost a political type answer ...   why not maybe a month of service at a percentage off depending on how many household members have Fido or rogers or if they are working or not.  Or something !!!  I just through 3 months out there 

Hmmmm. How many customers does this Rogers group have ?  In respect to their phone - internet and cable company customers.  Start there / and use a silly number like $45 per month per customer ...

did you ever work in any customer service position or one with exposure or train staff on how to handle disgruntled people ...again I think you know what I mean.. ?? You seem pretty sharp 

Myopinion

It wasn't about me.