Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction of payments

majidmlf
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

My name is Majid teedayenoor and my account number is: Account: *********** and phone number as 416 *** ****

My contract started on 26th Dec 2018 for 24 month and ended on 26th Dec 2020.

At the end of the contract, my device was paid off full but Fido did not reduce my monthly payment and change me the same bill amount till now ( more than 12 month). I have been a loyal fido customer for more than 12 years and I am so disappointed that it can happen to me.

I tried several time by chat and phone to solve this problem but they don’t have access to give me the credit or extra charge money back.

Could you please solve this problem and give my money back. Please inform me by my email address as: *****@gmail.com as soon as you fix it.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Majidmlf,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, since this forum is public, you might consider deleting your personal information from your post.

Since your contract was started in 2018, it would have been a subsidised plan. With the old subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). Since the subsidy is incorporated into the plan, your plan does not automatically switch to a BYOP plan at the end of a contract. It remained your previous plan, should you have wished to subsidise another device. However, you should note that Fido recently switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program. With this new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. Under the new model, once a contract has ended, there would no longer be any monthly financing fee for a device. If you choose to finance another device, you would need to add the new monthly financing for that device. You should also note that the older subsidised or BYOP plans might not be compatible with the new payment program model.

Unfortunately, since your contract was with a subsidised plan, there would be no reduction in monthly payment at the end of your contract. You would need to switch to an in-market plan.

@majidmlf wrote:.. more than 12 month..

Could you please clarify what you mean by that statement? From the information you provided, your contract ended approximately 5 days ago, Twelve months would have been during your contract period. You should have been paying the same amount (excluding any additional overages) for the last 24 months.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers