Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting information on shipping of phone upgrade

smoker1
I'm a participant level 2

Upgrade phone online on Tuesday August 3nd

Recieved a canned email on Wednesday August 4says "Congrats on the new phone"

Did a online chat with a csr on Friday 13th asking when it will ship, as I didn'y receive a tracking number. CSR said phone was at the warehouse and should ship that night. No email revieved

Did a online chat with a csr on Monday August 9th and was told again it was at the warehouse and shoud be processed that night.

On Tuesday August 10 at 1:05 am reecived a canned response from hardwareorder@fido.ca saying "Your recent purchase of a  OBERTHUR FIDOTRISIM, Samsung S20FE Blue, Fido HUP in box collateral, is still being processed. When your device leaves our warehouse, we’ll send you an email with a tracking number and courier details." Also a attachedment that states "Backorder Details" with a order number".

Question is, why two csr's staed that it was at the warehouse, ready to ship, and then I get a email stating, backordered. As of today, still no shipping/tracking number.

Thanks for any assistance

3 REPLIES 3

smoker1

Thanks for the reply.  So, there is no way to find out how long it would be on backorder?

Thanks

Hi again @smoker1 , I'm not sure if they are able to get a definite date for back orders. Supply chains have been pretty disrupted with world wide shortages on the strangest things. I think when they have a date they'll let you know and/or send a shipping notification. Before covid,  I would be hitting on the track my order link almost hourly to find out where my order was. These days are a bit different. I don't want to assume anything, but if you don't have an update in a couple of days, I suggest having a quick check done using live chat, or on social media via Facebook or Twitter. That way you can ask a question and they'll respond to you without you waiting on the phone. Let us know how you like the new s20 when you receive it. 

Good morning @smoker1 , that would be confusing for sure. I'm going to go out on a limb here (I used to work in a distribution center). When the customer service rep looks at the status of your order, they would see something like being processed in warehouse. So the CSR would look at it as that it's being shipped soon and gave you a best guess. They wouldn't see more information on the order other than being processed by warehouse. Then when the order gets picked for preparing to ship it will get scanned again and a label gets created. Shipping may take place every day, or 3 times a week or other schedule.  Once the shipping label is prepared, the notice is triggered to send you a notice with the status and tracking number, it may not be picked up by the carrier until the next day or so. Warehouse logistics are very organized and traceable, a large company would be dealing with many shipments daily and that adds to the journey of your phone leaving the warehouse. Sometimes your order is waiting on the delivery from the supplier and then needs to be received in the warehouse and processed as received and then picked for the orders to be shipped.  With so many steps in place to ensure accuracy, it can create some unknowns with the front line representative, because they really want to give you the best answer possible.  In the good old days,  I could run out to the warehouse and grab the item to give to the sales person who would hand deliver to their client, and of course it would trigger inventory errors and shipping back orders. So, if you managed to read all of this, then you can see the intricacies of getting new devices into our hands. I hope it lands in your hands soon. All the best