cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Fairness2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was offered a 1000 international minutes free couple years ago. I was told by the client representative that this is ongoing (no end date to it). 

This month's bill came 241 dollars for making international calls. When I called to check what happened they said "your offer ended and you were notified on last bill). When I went to check my online bill again, it was stated on Page 3 which was hard to be find.

Also the clinet representative said, we sent an email out to you at that time stating the end date to this promotion. I never received such an email. Moreover, the client represenative stated, "according to our records, it does not show that you were notified about the end date."

I have Fido since 2010. I was not even offered a deduction to my bill. It is very difficult for me to pay this money as a student. I am definately not happy with the services provided by FIDO given how they treated me financially. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Fairness2

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always want our customers to be informed and we'd love to review things Smiley

We do have promotions from time to time however these add-ons that apply to our plans do have expiry dates. In your case, it seems to have been a two year promotion. In terms of the e-mail mentioned, these are sent when the offer is added as a confirmation. The end date of the promotion would appear on that document and as you mentioned we do also post it on your invoice before the option expires.

That said, these charges would be legitimate. We understand though that it could be a high amount for you and what we suggest is reaching out to our credit operations team to take a payment arrangement. You can dial *732 on your Fido phone to reach them, or chat with them here by selecting the LiveChat option.