cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complain

Fdehghani
I'm a participant level 2

I want to complain about the store located in  cote sanit luc shopping center. I tried to refere my spouse for a new fido, but the fido man said it is reasonable to provide a 2nd line on your acoount, we offer 5$ reducing in each of your bill, (I asked twice you mean 10$? And he said yes) and he didnt say anything about 11.5$ simcard fee for additional.

1. after he activated the simcard, he said please pay 11.5$

2. Now after one month I recieved my bill which has 2.5$ discount for promo of additional line just fot one person.

3. If I refere my spouse we have 50$ promo + not paying 11.5$ simcard fee. 

4. Plus the 2nd line is awfull, it has a lot of spam incoming call, you can check it.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fdehghani,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your experience. I cannot speak as to what was discussed at that store. However, you should note that the SIM card would generally incur a fee to purchase. That fee would also likely have incurred if you referred your spouse under the Refer a Friend program. As far as I am aware, a SIM card is generally only provided with the purchase of a device.

In addition, you should note that the Refer a Friend promotion might have changed. The current promotion appears to be a free month of service for each the referer and referee (see here).

Unfortunately, there is not much the providers can do to prevent SPAM calls. There are measures in place to address the issue. However, there are limitations to any implementation of SPAM prevention. In addition, it should also be noted that phone numbers are necessarily recycled. Generally, cancelled numbers would be out of circulation for a period of time. After that set period, the would be provided to new customers. If the old owners of those numbers did not update their contacts (or were unable to do so), some of those calls might be for the old owners.

If you (or your spouse) would like to change their phone number, they should be able to change it via their My Account --> View Usage & Manage. On your Dashboard, the option to Change your phone number is near the bottom under Quick Actions.

As mentioned, I cannot speak as to what was discussed at the store. However, I'm not sure whether the multiple line discount is routinely available. If available, it may only apply to certain plans (see here). Occasionally, some locations can have store specific promotions. If there is an issue with the addition of the line, you might consider returning to the store to have them sort it out.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service if the store is unable to help. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Fdehghani

Thank you for replying, I completely understand what you mean.

as a new costumer there is not a fee for the first simcard, but when a new number add to my account, customer charge 11.5$ and I did not know about it. Fido man didnot say anything at first.

actually I went there for providing a simcard through refer a friend, but the fido man gave me wrong info or better say, he didnt say everything, So I made the wrong decision and changed my mind from refering to provinding 2nd simcard under my account. 
Actually he did the best for fido not for a customer especially a new comer.

The numbers are not belong to old customer, even in the bill just establish the time of incoming calls without any number, during a month I have 90 minutes incoming spam calls!!

why fido didnot establish that numbers in my bill??? Because the fido completely know them.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information.

@Fdehghani wrote:

...The numbers are not belong to old customer, even in the bill just establish the time of incoming calls without any number, during a month I have 90 minutes incoming spam calls!!

why fido didnot establish that numbers in my bill??? Because the fido completely know them.

To clarify, Fido does not provide the call number for any incoming calls due to security and privacy reasons (see here and here). Any record of the incoming phone number, if available, would be on your device. That said, spammers and scammers tend to use spoofed phone numbers.

I think everyone is rather fed up about getting SPAM and SCAM calls from spoofed numbers. Unfortunately, there currently isn't much that any of the mobile providers can do to prevent them. Since the spammers/scammers use spoofed numbers, it is not possible to identify the true spammers' number. The numbers shown on caller ID do not belong to the spammers. They often belong to innocent, unsuspecting people. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent numbers from being spoofed. In some instances, the spammers/scammers will use the recipients' own phone numbers to make the calls. Even the RCMP are not immune to being spoofed (see here and here). Reporting those phone numbers do not lead back to the spammers/scammers.

The mobile providers have implemented Universal Call Blocking which is meant to block calls from malformed phone numbers. That said, I'm doubtful whether it will have much of an effect on the amount of SPAM or SCAM calls since many of them appear to have properly formed phone numbers. In addition, a new technology, STIR/SHAKEN (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited/Signature-based Handling of Asserted Information Using Tokens) has also been adopted to further reduce the amount of nuisance calls (see here). Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, there are limitations to the effectiveness of SPAM prevention measures.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers