cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Service Fee After Activating Online

ag18
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Just joined Fido for cell services. I did all the activation online but after I tried to input my ID information multiple times the website prompted me to contact a service agent through LiveChat to "Complete the Setup". Now i'm wondering if I just got duped into paying the service fee even though the website wouldn't allow me to input my ID for credit verification and forced me to complete it through a LiveChat agent. The ID I gave the agent was the same as the one I was trying to input. If Fido charges me for a Service Fee after forcing me to complete my application through a LiveChat agent (with all the same ID details that I was trying to input myself) that would be so scummy. 

My bill said the 50$ service fee was charged. There is no fine print about the service fee being refunded in 2-3 billing cycles. 

2 REPLIES 2

Honhart
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I was charged the same thing, but was able to get bill credit with the help of fido rep via twitter chat. It won't be hard.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @ag18

Welcome to the Community Smiley

You can reach out to us on these channels to review the recent changes made on your account and one of our agents will be happy to assist.

To clarify, the $50 service fee is generally billed when you complete a new activation or phone upgrade with an agent. That said, if the agent offered you a promotion to have this fee waived, it would be applied on the second or third bill (starting form the day you've placed the order).