cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $90 while ROAMING turned "OFF"

1fineapple
I'm a participant level 2

I have been with Fido for two years and was happy with the service until this evening. I have been in Costa Rica am in the tech space and use my phone daily. I have never complained about a phone bill in 29 years. My data on my phone has been on and the roaming has been "OFF" with the exception of November 26th and December 15th. 

I got a bill of $112.00 and the lack of customer service and responsibility taken by Fido was offensive. I was on the phone for 55 minutes and while, it's not the customer care's responsibility they just kept telling me I didn't notice my roaming was on or it's my miscommunication because my cell data was on even though roaming was turned off. I am all for taking responsibility and I bet my next bill will have another $90 in random charges. 

4 REPLIES 4

1fineapple

Yes, I understand. I have lived in 4 other countries as a Rogers customer and this has never happened. my data was turned on, however roaming was turned off with the exception of 3-4 days. On my bill, there would have had to have been 8 instances where I would have had to have accidentally turned on roaming, picked up a call or sent a text as the days are dispersed, and I am now waiting for all the random charges on my next bill for data I did not use. I do not pick up phone calls or answer texts. I just find it crazy as a customer with you for a couple of years who has never complained or asked for support that Fido has no interest. I am looking to switch providers as I am frustrated and being a Fido customer does not feel good. I have 5 employees/contractors going onto phone plans this year and regrettably will not "Go get it" with Fido. 

Hey @1fineapple

I can definitely understand why unexpected charges on your invoice can be upsetting. However, if you have charges on your bill, it means the service was used so the roaming would have been on. 

1fineapple

Nice...

FidoAllan

Hey @1fineapple

We definitely never want you to be charged for something you did not use. 

While you won't be able to see outgoing SMS details on your bill, you should be able to see all the days you used data while roaming. 

If your data is left on, it may trigger a Fido Roam charge even if you're not using your device directly. Did you have time to look at the bill? 

Keep in mind also that using your phone to make calls or send texts will also trigger a Fido Roam charge. Do you remember using those services as well?