cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number to a specific one

Beachbabyrmt
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

When purchasing another line, we looked up an existing lphone number which was available but when I go online to change the phone number  there is not an option to choose a specific number but only random ones 

Do you need to do this with a representative only and if so it should tell you that its not possible online and it will cost you  35.00

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Beachbabyrmt,

Welcome to the community!

When changing the number just hit next and it will give a list of the next available numbers, the numbers are listed in numerical order.

If you look up the number and it was available but then try to change it at a later time there is no guarantee the number will still be available. 

Also, something to note certain area code/prefix numbers is assigned to different providers so if a number is assigned to a different provider you will not be able to get it from the pool of Fido numbers.

You can look up which provider the numbers belong to here.  Just enter the area code in the NPA field and the first 3 digits of the number in the NXX field and it will tell you which provider the number belongs to.