I recently encountered a horrible experience with Fido customer care chat service. I wanted to remove one of the mobile number from my account as it was no longer used.
1) my friend contacted customer care to remove the number from my account, they said to visit the physical store to complete that request.
2) My friend went to the store, they said that the account owner is required to be visit the store along with the ID proof to do it.
3) My friend again contacted the customer chat support for the same, at this time they said account owner needs to give authorization to complete this request
4) I got this information and I contacted the customer chat service, gave the authorization to do complete the request, but again they didnt finish it.
5) my friend got a new connection, the old Fido SIM card was no longer been used, so I contacted the customer service and asked them to remove the number. They said I have an option to suspend the number without terminating it. I said OK for that as well.
6) after 3 weeks I got my next bill where they didnt suspend the other number and they have charged for the previous month, also for the upcoming month.
7) then i again contacted the customer support chat, a woman name Carline messaged me. she said that i have been billed for the upcoming month, they are legitimate to deduct me the amount, only from next cycle the number would be terminated.
So till now they havent removed my that additional number, which we have been asking for 5 times in the previous month. On top of Carline thinks she is so smart and she says that everything is happening as per the rule. When customers contact you 5 times to make one request to complete, but still the company tries to loot money for them, on top it your service center reps try to blame the customers for the company/system error.
I really got severe warning when I was moving from rogers to fido and Fido services and representatives have justified that. thanks to your wonderful act.