Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Phone Plan while under Fido Payment Program

chiragsangani
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I currently have a 4GB, $45 Data, Talk & Text plan. I am also financing a phone under the Fido Payment Program with a monthly charge of $68.75. I received a promotion when I signed up where I get $38.75 in monthly credits towards my FPP cost, so my total monthly cost is $75 before taxes.

I received an offer on my dashboard for a 6GB, $40 Data, Talk & Text plan. This would be a higher amount of data, and a lower price, so I'm tempted to take it. What I can't confirm is, by switching to this plan, will I lose the $38.75 in hardware credits or will I continue to receive them?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoLony

Hey @sameer2803,

as @NaliniR mentioned, changing your plan while under a Fido payment program should not remove any credits associated with the device promotion you got. 

That said, we do always suggest reaching out to customer care should you have questions about your current plan and/or payment program to get the right answers. 😊

sameer2803

did you find the answer for this?

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @chiragsangani ,

Welcome to the Fido Community!

It should not remove the credits because the credit is to offset the hardware portion but, I would recommend reaching out to customer support and they can check into the plan and tell you if it will affect the promotional credit of the hardware. 

dan17

Hello, 

i just chatted with fido, they told me that i will loose the FPP credit.  I contacted them several time csr to make sure i don't get a different answer, unfortunately they all gave me the same answer.

Regards,

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @dan17, what is FPP?

When changing your plan all current promotions/discounts get removed, it will not affect any credits you are getting towards a device if you are financing a device those are applied as a bill credit.