Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number, problems

Fido__user
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,
I can't change my number during 2 days. After choosing the number and pressing "NEXT button" I receive this message: "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and cannot complete your request at this time. If you require immediate assistance, please call 1 888 481-FIDO (3436) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience."
Can you help me? I would like to do it online and don't pay $35.

Best regards

***Edited to add labels***

22 REPLIES 22

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Fido__user!

Welcome to our Community Smiley 

Did you try this in a different browser? If so, did you get the same error message? Let me know! 

Fido__user

iPad Air, Google Chrome v.44.XXXX, Internet Explorer 11: the same error message.

In that case, how about I send you a PM to help you out with the change Smiley 

I'll send you one in just a few minutes. 

BrownPower
I'm a participant level 1

Hello!

Im glad i found this thread. I have been traveling accross canada for work and last month i also tried to change my phone number online to save the $35 fee and also received the same error. I tried from Internet explorer, chrome, firefox and other computers running similar browsers.

HELP!

Hi BrownPower! 

Welcome to the community! Smiley 

I'll send you a PM and help you out with that! You'll receive it soon! 

ashif_eee1
I'm a contributor level 1

Same problem from last two days. Cant change my number after purchasing new fido sim.

"

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and cannot complete your request at this time. If you require immediate assistance, please call 1 888 481-FIDO (3436) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

"

Please help!

Hi Ashif_eee1, 

Are you trying to change the number for the same city? 

ashif_eee1

Yes sir!.

I have taken the SIM from Eaton Center downtown, Toronto and now trying to select a new number for Toronto City.

Can u plz guide me sir?

Were you able to do the change in the store? 

If not, please let me know, I'll send you a private message so we can look into changing the number. 

ashif_eee1

Actually sir I did nt try on the store since they told me that it will cost me 35 CAD for number changing when this is free for online.

Please guide me. Still this issues exists from my account.

Hello ashif_eee1.

I just sent you a PM Smiley

Talk to you soon.

ashif_eee1

Someone please help in this regard. Problem still exist for changing the number from my current active number!

Hey ashif_eee1,

I just replied to your PM Smiley

ashif_eee1

Dear Alyson,

Thanks for responding... Replied and cann u please confirm?

You're all set ashif_eee1!

You can have a look at your PMs Smiley

jk_w

Hi there,

I have got the exact same problem here, have tried on different servers.

"

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and cannot complete your request at this time. If you require immediate assistance, please call 1 888 481-FIDO (3436) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

"

Can you pleas help me out too?

Hello to jk_w and welcome to the Community.

I would be happy to help.

I'm sending you a PM now Smiley

lormus

Hi, I'm sorry I'm posting to an old thread, but I have the same problem. Is there an easy solution for it?

Hey Lormus.

There was a maintenance ont the Fido website yesterday on November 7th until today at 12:00 PM Eastern time.

This might be why you couldn't do the change.

Are you still experiencing problems accessing Fido.ca to change your phone number?

stuartdure

Issue has been causing me grief since moving from Montreal to Toronto two months ago.

Everytime I find a number I want to change to, I select it and get the same old, "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and cannot complete your request at this time"  BS.

Really suprised that Fido hasn't addressed this long standing issue. I wonder if it's a cash grab thing where they'd sooner force the user to pay $35 for the change than repair their broken site.