cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant upgrade phone online

dole4150
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Has anyone had problems upgrading a phone online? I tried, enter the payment info to pay for the phone and the upgrade wouldn't work. Said there was an error.  Then it wouldn't even let me try to order again. LiveChat said the order didn't go through. So i went into the store and they charged me $35!

Well if your online feature isn't working why are you punishing the customer by charging them a fee when its the only option to getting a new phone? 

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dole4150,

You should definitely be able to upgrade your device online, I'm really sad to read that this wasn't the case in your situation. Our goal is definitely to simplify the processes for our customers and improve their experience and this is not the experience we wish for you.

In this case, we would've recommended to log out of your online account, clear the cache and cookies of your browser, restart the browser and then try to place the order again.

I understand you were trying to avoid the $35 Set Up fee by upgrading online, I'll send you a PM to take a closer look into it with you.

Talk to you soon.