cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade Online Suddenly

xjordanx
I'm a participant level 2

Was working before i got all the way to the confirmation page earlier and decided to save it for later to consult the wife on weither it was in the budget to get the new phone and now when i go back i suddenly cannot get past step 2 i get

We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436)

Tried everything i can think of to get the plan and phone i selected before but nothing works

24 REPLIES 24

Sairaphais
I'm a contributor level 1

Sorry to jump into mid question - but the same issue occurs for me, I've been on hold with fido call rep for 35 minutes twice already and each time I get a voice automated message saying they cannot pick up my call. 

I've been trying to upgrade online since yesterday morning and still nothing except that error message. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies and nothing has changed. 

Please help

thanks!!

Hi @xgamen and @Sairaphais

@xgamen, Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to read you were able to go through with your order. Smiley 

@Sairaphais, Were you able to process your order after all? Have you tried using a different browser as well? 

Dabcd
I'm a participant level 1

I also can not upgrade only. Please dm me 

Thank you for contacting the Fido Community Crew. Please post your inquiry on the Fido Community, or contact us here to reach a Fido representative: http://fido.ly/1oywTnw

Sairaphais

I tried different browsers too and clearing cache, in-cognito but it still didn’t work. I know the offer ends Monday so please provide any assistance 

thanks

Hey @Sairaphais! We'll be happy to help you. Smiley

You can reach us here for assistance or we can send you a PM via the community.

Sairaphais

If you could PM me that would be appreciated

thanks! 

Tomi2

I can't upgrade my device online

Hello @Tomi2,

What kind of issues are you having when you try to upgrade your device?

Let us know!

SarahB

I cannot upgrade my phone or change my plan online either.

I have tried 2 browsers, 2 computers and my phone and I always get a popup with the error "ppc_ineligible_errorcodeMsg". I would like to be able to make the changes without having to spend ages calling in and without getting charged the $40 fee. 

Hey @SarahB

Looks like there might be something going on with your plan or your account that is currently preventing you from placing an order for a phone upgrade.

I'll send you a PM so we can look into that together. Smiley

Talk soon!

Nitrogen

Same issue here. This is not fair.

Hey @Nitrogen

Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies? Also, did you try a different browser?

xjordanx

Apologies I made it to the payment page not the confirmation.

Hey @xjordanx

Welcome to the Community !

If you log out of your Fido.ca My Account completely (close your Web page and open a new one) and log back in, are you able to restart the process with the same choices that you made?

You can always try another type of browser to see if the same thing occurs.

If it does, don't hesitate to contact us Smiley

xjordanx

I tried logging out clearing browser data a new browser etc etc but nothing would let me go past the second page

I ended up just waiting untill the next morning to try again and was able to make it through the process online my plan changed so i assume i will get notification about the new phone in a day or so

Hey @xgamen

We don't want our customers to experience any such difficulties when they are accessing their account or ordering new phones! 

Have you tried to clear cookies and cache as well to see if that helps?

xgamen

No, nothing helped. 

Then, it was about an hour later, I tried again. It worked. So, I believe it may be something to do with your server load. 

But, then, again, I think the error message must be more clear. If I knew it was due to the load, I could just try again later time. but, then, again, you could even add more additional resource to avoid this kind of problem in the event of 'black friday' shopping season. I am an engineer myself. So, I know this things happen. But, you gotta be more clear for sending specific message instead of 'generic-call-me' message. 

This is my two cents. 

Cheers. 

Thanks for the update @xjordanx

Let us know if anything Smiley

valensky

For years this has been happening but now I want to use the feature to upgarde my phone and then plans.  No matter what browser I choose, no matter what phones I select I ALWASY get the following error when I click "continue" after having a new phone and plan in my upgrade basket:

"We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436)"

Does anybody have a way to fix it?  I called Fido and they have no idea and instead want me to do it on the phone with them an pay $25 and not quality for website promotions.  Very frustarting.