cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive SMS from HK bank and master card one time passcode

skuld1012
I'm a participant level 3

It was working in March and before. Not working recently. Checked with bank no issue from their side. Put SIM card to another phone still not receiving any code.

9 REPLIES 9

skuld1012

Latest update: Just retried, issue got resolved and both bank SMS and Mastercard OTP received. It was not working this morning during troubleshooting so I expect IT team did something to fix that. Anyway thanks the support team.

jkkwai
I'm a participant level 2

not sure if you've tried again but it worked for a bit for me last friday and yesterday - only blimps of time - then it stopped working again. fido really need to fix this or i'm thinking of switching carriers!

skuld1012

Seems like this issue happens from time to time and never gets resolved. If no solution, Better to move to service providers like koodo.

jkkwai

i'm having the same issue - it was working fine (last text received on May 19, 2022) then all of a sudden - it doesn't work anymore!!

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @jkkwai 

Issue Resolved ? Smiley

Make me a follow-up

Good morning @skuld1012 , sorry to hear you're having issues receiving short codes. Have you been in touch with the technical support team?  You can reach them from your device by dialing *611. One suggestion that I have that might work is to try a different messaging app. If you've been using a third party app, try going back to the stock messaging that came on your device. Just a couple of thoughts, I had success by switching to another messaging app. Good luck and I hope you can get a resolution 

skuld1012

Thanks for the advice. I contract the IT support and the guy was super nice, but couldn't figure out the issue immediately, so he created a ticket and let IT team follow up, will see.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley

What about your ticket, do u got IT follow up finnaly!

Have a nice day Smiley

skuld1012

It is not working again! And no further update on ticket. Maybe just switch service provider would be easier.