cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot play mobile game using data

vincesane
I'm a participant level 3

Looking for help as to why I can't play a mobile game on my phone when using mobile data. Game works on wifi, but won't load when on mobile data. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @vincesane,

Welcome to the community!

Does your mobile data work for other stuff like browsing? 

What's the make and model of your phone also you can verify you have the correct apn settings you can find that here.

vincesane

Hi @KAPABLE-K,

I have a Samsung S10, and all other apps work when on data. Able to browse and stuff.

Hey, @vincesane do you have data saver on? If so try turning it off and see if your game works.

vincesane

Already did that. Even did some other suggestions like turning on and off airplane mode. Also reset my phone to factory. One even suggested changing sim cards. Not sure how that affects it. But I'll have to go to a fido store to do that.

Hey @vincesane when you did the factory reset did you restore the game or did you do a fresh installation? I've seen in the past if there is a bug in an app it would come back even after a factory reset if you restore.

What's the name of the game in question?

vincesane

@KAPABLE-K 

Reset my phone a week ago. I did clear cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the game before doing the reset. I've tried everything I could think of.

Game is called Mobile Legends.

Hey @vincesane after looking up the game I see a lot of people complaining about the same issue but unfortunately I can not see a good fix to this problem because you already did a factory reset and that should have taken care of a lot of potential causes.

You might want to consider contact the developer and see what they have to say.

TheSaviorMTL
I'm a participant level 2

Im your Savior haha had the same issue with my Samsung S20 FE took me a month to fix it. Go to your settings 1- connection  2 -Réseau Mobile , in english i think is mobile acces not sure 3- clic name point access 4- click add (right top corner) 5 copy all the things in my picture. 6-play the game , if dont work restart ur phone.-

Screenshot_20201028-135431_Settings.jpg

 

IssaGANG (mobile legend name)

TheSaviorMTL

Screenshot_20201028-135454_Settings.jpg

 

TheSaviorMTL

Screenshot_20201028-141637_Settings.jpg