cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change my Plan

Nishikino_D
I'm a participant level 1

When I tried to change my plan, or even view available plans, I get the message "We’re sorry, but only the account holder can upgrade phones or make plan changes on this account. Please contact them so they can complete this transaction on your behalf."

What does this mean? I am actually using my own account.

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Nishikino_D,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like when you register on fido.ca you might have register as a subscriber and not as an account holder. To confirm login to your account and see if you have access to the billing information if not then you are register as a subscriber and you will need to re-register and this time choose account holder.

Dala1

But how to re-register though, when I was trying to re-register as a account holder, and type my email as required, it just shows that this account is currently being used( I don't remember the exact words, but something like this)

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Dala1,

We would need to de-link your current email address from your online profile so you can re-register as the account holder. I'm sending you a PM to help you out with that Smiley

Talk soon!

muraturan
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am having the same issue and it is so annoying. I can access to billing but cannot change my plan due to the same error message...

Hey @muraturan Very_Happy

As mentioned above in the thread, this means that when you first registered to Fido.ca, you selected the ''subscriber'' option instead of ''account holder''.

We'll need to access your account on our end to de-link your profile so you can register again. Smiley

To do so, please contact us through any of the channels listed here.

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community if that works best for you!