cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Fido Prepaid Plan,Moving to Rogers Prepaid Plan,But How to Keep Fido Number

esfandiyar2002
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,as Subject line suggests,I would like to cancel my Fido prepaid plan,and move to Rogers prepaid plan.The question is that I have my Fido plan for four consecutive years and I have shared its number with many institutions.That being said,I am thinking of the way to keep my Fido cellphone number.

I was thinkng of two ways:

-Asking Rogers to consider the same number that I have with Fido in their network,

or

-Asking Fido to show me the way that may solve it in that regard.

Thank you.Any thoughts?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi esfandiyar2002!

I'm sad that you're thinking of leaving us. Sad

I can confirm that it's possible for you to transfer your number from Fido to Rogers. You'd have to keep your line active with us and request for them to do a port-in. They'll ask for info such as your account number, PIN, password, etc.

It usually takes about 2.5 hours for the number to be transferred, and once the transfer is complete, the line is cancelled with us.

Hope that helps!

Farshadmp3
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

If My Fido  is under someone else's family plan, and I want to move to rogers

how Can I do it and How it will cost?

thank you

Hey @Farshadmp3

You can simply contact Rogers and open your account, and once you receive a SIM card, simply contact them to request a port-in. 

You can also contact us here and we'd be happy to provide you with additional help.