cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a Line

Scorton87
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I currently have two phone lines with Fido but I want to cancel my second line. I know there is currently a balance on the phone for the second line. I am just curious as to if I can go into a Fido store to cancel the service and return the phone.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Scorton87,

Welcome to the community!

@Scorton87 wrote:

.... I know there is currently a balance on the phone for the second line. ...

Could you please clarify what you mean by that statement? Had you just recently purchased the device or has that phone been on contract for a while now?

If you just recently purchased the phone, you may be eligible for their Satisfaction Guarantee. If eligible, you would be able to return the phone.

On the other hand, if the device has been on contract for a while and there still is a balance on it, I'm not sure whether returning it, in lieu of paying the remaining balance, is an option. As Original_Lucy alluded to below, the outstanding Fido Payment program balance will be charged when you cancel the second line (see here).

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As also mentioned by Original_Lucy below, if you wish verification on the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi there @Scorton87 , you should be able to cancel your phone line and pay off any balance owing by visiting a Fido corporate store. You can verify that by sending a quick message by dm to fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook. They can give you the definitive answer. Cheers