cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t suspend the contract

CharlesTang
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Why I can not suspend the contract immediately? Why should I spend the money waiting for next term? My plan had already done. I should suspend the contract anytime. That's unreasonable.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello CharlesTang,

Welcome to the community!

What do you mean by:

@CharlesTang wrote:...My plan had already done.... ?

Are you wishing to suspend your services? Are you under contract? What type of plan do you have -- subsidised or financed? If you are under contract, then you are still owing on your device. It is not unreasonable for you to continue to pay off your device.

If your device was subsidised, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). Was your device subsidised? Unfortunately, since the cost of devices is a part of plan costs, it is not possible to suspend the plan until your device has been paid-off. If you wished to suspend your plan, you would need to pay the balance of your device (ie end contract).

On the other hand, with the new financed Payment Program model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. In this case, you would be able to suspend your services for a reduced fee. However, you would still be required to pay the device financing.

If you are under contract, you are obligated to fulfill the contract. It is not possible to suspend the contract at anytime, as you suggest. You can, however, end your contract at any time by paying-off the balance of your device.

If you would like to discuss your options, you would need to contact customer services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers