cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register credit card, keeps saying "Enter a valid credit card number"

Jvn767
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So i'm new to Canada, and i'm using fido prepaid service because it was recommended by a friend

It was all fine... until 1 month later when i want to register my credit card to refill as my prepaid service has ended and i need to pay for another month

I've had this credit card for quite a while, it's a citibank visa card. I've used it in many places, checked online to see if it's valid, i've even checked on my bank customer service (1 hour wasted by talking just trying to confirm this freakin card is valid). All this clues lead to one conclusion: This card is valid, i say again, VALID. Except on fido... where the system doesn't recognize this card, or as i've seen on many other posts, the system doesn't recognize most valid credit cards as valid. Tried the suggested solutions on the forums, contact fido blablabla, try to manually add the credit card etc etc. They say my credit card has been registered... but it wasn't, another week and it's still not registered. Now i don't want to waste another 2 hours talking to an unresponsive customer service or a robot talker doing the same thing and failing again, any other solutions to this matter? Or is fido really this hopeless and i have to get another new SIM card, which i really don't want to do, too much hassle.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3
Does the name & address on the card match the name and address on your Fido account? They must be identical. Also, the address must be in Canada.