Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a hold of win back team so can't move forward

BDSpiritual1
I'm a participant level 2

Good morning,

3 weeks ago I got a call from Roger's win back team and after a long discussion, decided to move over to Fido. After providing the agent with all my information, I was sent a SIM card and received it a few days later. 

I called Fido directly but once I explained to them the situation, they provided me with the number to get hold of the went back team. Since then, I've been trying to get a hold of the win back team so that I can proceed with porting over my number from my current carrier. However, after multiple attempts, I have yet to connect with an agent. 

I do see a few missed calls from a week or so ago but they wouldn't connect and kept dropping before I had a chance to pick up. My phone would ring for a half second then would show as a missed call. However, I have left messages since but did not receive a call back. 

Does anyone know of any way to get hold of somebody on that team so that I can confirm everything and finish this process and officially become a new customer of Fido?

Any information or advice would be most appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Good morning @BDSpiritual1 , unfortunately you will have to wait for the winback team to call you back. Did you arrange for the number to be ported while speaking with winback? If you have already gone through the steps and they sent the Sim card, is it possible that you already have your new account and just need to activate your sim? Usually when a new sim card is sent out, it is ready to activate with Fido online, through the app or with customer service. I hope this gets resolved soon for you, cheers 

BDSpiritual1

Hi, 

Yes, they are aware that they will be porting my number over. They told me to give them a call once I got the SIM card so that they can proceed with the next steps as they'd take care of everything else. However, it's been over a week and a half since I've started to leave messages and  haven't gotten any calls back. I can see based on the account it is active with a number I am not currently using and I really hope I don't get invoiced for this time. 

That is why I am hoping someone from the team can help me here as I am in limbo in the mean time. 

Hello BDSpiritual1,

Welcome to the community!

If I am understanding correctly, you are a customer of Rogers who has newly come to Fido. Is that correct? If that is the case, you don't need to hear back from any Winback team. As OriginalLucy mentioned, if received a Fido SIM card, your Fido line would likely already be activated. Since you are intending on porting your phone number, your line would be assigned a temporary phone number until the port-over completes (see here). To initiate the number port process, you would just need to contact customer service. Contacting the Winback team would not be necessary; customer service can intiate the process. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

The only consideration would be that your Rogers line would need to be active for the porting process. If you had already cancelled those services, you would have to contact Rogers to re-activate your line. Once the port-over completes, your Rogers line would automatically cancel.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BDSpiritual1

Hi, 

Sorry, I forgot to add a little more context 😅.

I was with Rogers and left to go to Telus about a year and a half ago. Recently, through discussions with the win back team, they moved me over to Fido instead of Rogers to take advantage of some of the incentives they could provide. 

I called Customer Service when I got my SIM card but they told me I would need to contact the win back team for next steps. They were the ones who gave me the win back teams's phone number. 

Nonetheless, if what you are saying is true, then the agent could have helped and I don't need to get a hold of the win back team.

Okay, I'll reach out to customer service then.  

Thank you.