cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use 1st sim with fido and 2nd sim slot with another service provider?

PraneethAddanki
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Everyone, 

Happy New Year!  I'm planning to get a Samsung s22 with fido, As the device is a dual sim, can I use the first sim slot with fido and the second sim slot with another service provider? (like jio from india?)  

I'm asking it before itself because I would like to have both my sims in a single device before actually purchasing on the website. Since I'm getting this phone as a part of the contract for 24 months (is it unlocked for another service provider for the 2nd sim slot?) 

Also, my existing phone plan is pretty good and if I opt for a device, would I be able to get the same plan along with the device? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello PraneethAddanki,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the community!

It's always good practice to verify information prior to making purchases. As far as I am aware, I believe the Galaxy S22 is dual-SIM capable, though Samsung Canada has not listed that functionality for that device in its specification list. Fido would offer the same Canadian model version. There has been suggestion online that some versions might have two SIM card options, but that only one SIM might be available at a time. That said, they do suggest the dual-SIM functionality is available in their support pages (see here). You might consider contacting Samsung Canada to verify whether that model version is indeed dual-SIM capable.

If the device is dual-SIM capable, then you should be able to use one option for Fido and the other for a different provider.

@PraneethAddanki wrote:

...Also, my existing phone plan is pretty good and if I opt for a device, would I be able to get the same plan along with the device? ...

It would depend on your plan type. If you have a BYOP plan, you would likely need to switch to a plan which allows for financing devices. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. You might consider contacting customer service to verify which plan type you currently have. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀