cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Fido refund my balance not used on a prepaid account

poliquinjl
I'm a participant level 1

I have two Fido phones one of which is a prepaid at $10.00 per month. I do not use that phone very often and the balance as grown to some $80,00. I would like to know if I cancel that phone can the balance be transfer to my other phone or can the money be transfered.

THX in advance

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

eyey

Can we use the prepaid balance to purchase a phone?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey eyey!

Welcome to the Community!

No, your prepaid balance cannot be used to purchase a new phone.

Your balance is for airtime thus it covers your plan and/or any usage you perform. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey poliquinjl!

Welcome to the Community!

Prepaid airtime cannot be refunded or given to another phone number but you could transfer your line to a monthly service and the balance from your prepaid account would be transferred to your monthly account automatically within 7 days of the transfer. Keep in mind that your airtime balance from your prepaid account is not refundable if your phone number is cancelled within 90 days of transferring the line to monthly. 

When you transfer your line to monthly, you'll be able to choose from any of our BYOP plans for that line. You can check them out here

Is your other line with us a monthly account? If you're eligible for more than one line in that account, you can transfer your prepaid line to a monthly plan under the same account and that way you'll get all your charges for both lines on one bill. 

Hope this helps! Smiley