cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Transfer/Forwarding charges

HkPolarBear
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have been on a Fido plan for at least 5 years and I have been using the **21*123456789# to forward calls when I am home.  ##21# to cancel it.  NEVER incurred a charge in the past as that was supposed to conserve your monthly call time of say 500 minutes.   My Fido plan has been evolving from 5GB data 300 talk time minutes allowed a month.  Now my plan is 10+3GB and unlimited calls !  But then, without advance warning I started to see call transfer charges.  I am unable to use up my air-time nowadays.  Why will someone so stupid to transfer calls to save air-time ? I need an explanation from Fido.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello HkPolarBear,

Sorry to hear you've receive those unexpected charges. Could you please clarify whether you currently still forwarding your calls to home?

@HkPolarBear wrote:

...supposed to conserve your monthly call time of say 500 minutes...

While call-forwarding could have conserved your anytime minutes, forwarding calls was never free. The older plans included an allotment of call-forwarding minutes. If I remember correctly, it was 2500 Call-Forwarding minutes. So yes, you could have used those 2500 minutes to conserve your anytime minutes.

You should note that the newer plans do not include the call-forwarding minutes. If you are still forwarding your calls to your home, that would be the reason for those charges. If you would like to include the call-forwarding minutes to your plan, it is available with the Value Pack  add-ons. I'm not sure if there is a standalone call-forwarding add-on. If available, you would need to conact customer service to add it. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Great answer!

Have a nice one Smiley