cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceiving long distance plans

Rachael777
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just received my bill for December and had $131 in long-distance charges, from calls that I made to the USA. I was under the impression that the 1000 international long distance minutes to 8 select countries, would include the USA. No where, that I could find, on the website, are these 8 countries, specified. This is really deceitful...I would not have made 230 minutes of calls to the USA if they weren't included. I just spoke with a rep and all they could offer me was a $30 credit but I feel that it's not good enough... I've been overcharged by fido on the past 3 bills (they overcharged me for data top ups) and have spent upwards of 3-6 hours on the phone or online to resolve them...I am getting so sick of this and am truly disappointed in these new charges, moreover, Fido's lack of effort to resolve this issue. I will be changing service providers and never going on contract again. This is so deceitful and disappointing. Has anyone else had this experience?

4 REPLIES 4

Marutinandan123
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Same thing happened with me. I have a 1000 minutes free international calling and been using it for more than a year. All of a sudden this month I got a bill of $1262 which is totally out of this world and no one can ever expect this much of the phone bill for one month so I called and chat with them and none of them two had clue what happened and why I am charged that much when I have free 1000 minutes calling. The service is worst and almost got a heart attack seeing the bill. Will never use fido again and will not recommend anyone to use. One word for this company "GARBAGE".

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rachael777,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry you feel deceived. However, you made an assumption that the US was included in the 1000 International minutes. The select countries were listed when the promotion was offered. You can also find the countries on the website here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello,

To update my previous post, you can find the included Countries here.

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Smiley