cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is a scam

mikeTilhn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I wish Fido finds a different company to provide the service. The only one thing Brightstar will do to fido is making customers lose trust in fido. I called Brightstrar because my screen was shattered. They gave me an option of repair for $75 or a new or refurbished phone for i believe $150 or $200 not sure cause it's been a while. I took the second option and now every time i use the phone there is this loud sound that comes up. When that happens I can't hear the other person on the line. The side switch is broken and it's hard to toggle the vibrate/ring switch. This is a scam.  If it's okay to take money for a service then provide the service. I was told the phone will be as new but the only thing new or working on this phone is it's looks. The rest is just one useless phone and they got a good phone out of me. I'm not calling these guys and waist my precious time. However I will be taking my contract somewhere else. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mikeTilhn

I'm sad to see you're having difficulties with your device. I absolutely understand how precious time is, however contacting them in this case would actually be the most time and cost efficient way to getting this resolved. 

The phones they send out as replacements also have warranties on them, and you have 60 days from the time you notice the defect to report it to them so they can best assist you.

The quickest way to reach them would be through a call, but if you prefer you can also use the contact form here