cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar - Not accepting ID, delaying processing to avoid payment

stuartca
I'm a participant level 2

I've been trying to make a claim through Brightstar for 3 weeks, as my phone screen is cracked. They are refusing to accept my Government ID (Driver's license), either because there is a sticker on the front, put there by ICBC for a change of address (that I am not supposed to remove), or because I redacted my Personal Health Number from the back, since this is private information that they do not need know and I am not supposed to share.They won't tell me which it is.

Every time I send them new documents they take 2 days to review and then find a reason to reject my application (this has happened 5 times now). I believe that they are trying to delay the process since if it goes beyond 60 days from first filing the request they do not honor the agreement. Please help, this is a terrible insurance service.

2 REPLIES 2

stuartca

Additional: Brightstar are now requesting my passport. So they would have my Driver's License Number, Photo, Address, Passport number and front and back copies of both documents. In the event of a security breach I would have disclosed all information required to steal my identity. Why is this highly detailed and personal information required to fix my phone screen?

Hey @stuartca ,

Thank you for taking the time to share this information and sorry to hear about your experience with Brightstar.

If they are asking for another piece of ID, in this case your passport, it would mean that the previous one was not accepted/valid. They most likely do not have a copy of any previous "invalid" piece of ID. I do suggest speaking with them directly for more information on their identity procedure.

As for the process, I can assure you that it's a legitimate service. As soon as they have the required information they will proceed with your claim and repair your device to send it back to you as fast as possible.

That being said, don't hesitate to contact us if anything. We can also send you a PM on here if you prefer Smiley