cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar Issue

jonnychiu86
I'm a participant level 2

I purchased the Brightstar protection plan for my phone.  This was back in December of 2015.  I recently changed phones, and decided to call in to cancel the coverage.  I was informed by Brightstar that I had already called to cancel back in June of 2018 (which I never did)  The credit card # they have on my account is not the correct one.  I am still being billed to this day.  I've called numerous times to attempt to resolve this, and have gotten nowhere.  I've called my credit card company, and was told that Brightstar would need to cancel the charges on their end.  I called Brightstar today, and was told there was nothing that can be done, and when I requested to speak to someone higher up, they hung up on me. There is no company name on the credit card bill, just this number 844-210-9843.  

This is by far, the worst service I have ever dealt with. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @jonnychiu86

That's certainly not the experience we want you to have with the device protection or Brightstar! 

To ensure we get to the bottom of this for you, could you answer those questions: 

1) Could you let us know where exactly you purchased the Brightstar protection plan? For example, was it through Fido or through a third party (i.e Best Buy, Costco)? 

2) Did you contact Fido or Brightstar concerning your device protection? What did Fido say? 

3) You said that the credit card is incorrect on your file, was it a credit card you had in the past or is it one that you never heard of? 

Please let us know and we will reassess accordingly. 

jonnychiu86

This has now been resolved. I finally got a hold of a rep who was very helpful. Unlike the one who hung up on me. 

We're happy to read it's resolved now! Smiley 

Can you share with the Community where you got the device protection? Was it through Fido or a third party?