cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar - DO NOT BUY IT!!- Worst warranty

hcho0319
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I absolutely do not recommend the premium warranty plan that Fido introduced. I regret that I have not check the review on the warranty company before I consider to purchase.

First of all, why do I need to pay $70 for first time repair on my screen? I called Brightstar to get first screen repair and she told me to pay $70 for processing fee. And your website is saying $0 processing fee for first screen repair. 

And there is no in-store to repair in Vancouver. Honestly, screen repair just finish in 3-5hr Max. But now, I heard from post office that it will take about a week to get there, and I can sure expect that it will take like a month get back my phone. and Fido does not even do loaner phone service to solve customer's inconvenience. If I need to rent the phone, why did I pay $13 per month for this? for 2 years of apple care must be less than the paying $13 plus renting phone fee monthly for two years. Fido previously must be aware about this, and they should have plan better system with this to solve customer's possible inconvenience.

When I am hesitating to purchase apple care or the premium warranty, your employee did not explain there will be PROCESSING FEE AND REPAIRING FEE and we need to mail the phone with no option. Of course your employee explain about $0 screen repair and $100 for lost phone (which is not true at all). Please do not play around with costomers. There will be no costumer left if you do business like this.  

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hcho0319,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear your phone sustained damage. I understand you may not have been told the full details of the device protection, however, those details would have been given the documentation you were given when you purchased the protection. You can also view the documentation here.

@hcho0319 wrote:..

why do I need to pay $70 for first time repair on my screen? I called Brightstar to get first screen repair and she told me to pay $70 for processing fee. And your website is saying $0 processing fee for first screen repair....

The first screen break repair will have a $0 processing fee, if no other damage is present. If Brightstar informed you of the processing fee, there was likely additional damage done to your phone. Since they quoted $70, it appears your phone is a tier 3 device.

It is unfortunate there is no in-store repair option in Vancouver.

@hcho0319 wrote:..your employee did not explain there will be PROCESSING FEE AND REPAIRING FEE and we need to mail the phone with no option. Of course your employee explain about $0 screen repair and $100 for lost phone (which is not true at all)....

What the employee told you wasn't necessarily false, however, they didn't fully explain the protection either. The first broken screen repair is indeed with a $0 processing fee -- provided there is no additional damage. In addition, the replacement fee for a tier 1 device is $100.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers