cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrightStar ISSUE!

Carpenterman83
I'm back
I'm back

I’ve never been so disappointed with Fido/bright star Insurance. I paid the full premium when I signed my contract. I broke my iPhone 8 in (May2019), since then I upgraded to the newest Samsung. Today (Oct 21,2019) I decided to call brightstar and get my hard earned monies worth. I was told that because it’s been “so long” my contract is null and void?! At this point I feel like switching to another provider that’ll appreciate my business! I’ve had enough of mediocre service!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Carpenterman83,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand your situation...

@Carpenterman83 wrote:....I paid the full premium when I signed my contract....

Are you still paying for the device protection? It's a monthly fee, not a once-off charge.

@Carpenterman83 wrote:... I broke my iPhone 8 in (May2019), since then I upgraded to the newest Samsung. Today (Oct 21,2019) I decided to call brightstar and get my hard earned monies worth. ...

Are you saying you were trying to claim your broken iPhone 8? If you were, then yes, it's been a little too long since the damage. Service requests must be filed within 60 days of the incident (see here).

Also, were you trying to claim your Samsung as replacement for your iPhone? If you were, that's not exactly how the device protection works. You would have had to have filed the service request and pay the processing fee for a replacement. Brightstar would then send you a replacement. You cannot purchase a new phone and claim that device as your replacement.

I understand you are disappointed, however, you should note that it is the same process for the different providers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers