Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Frustration

tlw417
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I am hoping a manager can contact me for some sort of resolution. The first time i tried calling fido customer support I waited for almost an hour then once I finally got through to an agent the line disconnected and they didn't call me back. This is regarding my phone bill that totaled $600 for March 11 and February 11. I am writing to address the roaming charges which I was not made aware of. I had my data signal off the whole time when I was travelling for the month of february and only used wifi. The next phone call I made after the first time getting cut off, I spoke to a more helpful agent. He was very understanding but he said he couldn't do anything about my bill and didn't have knowledge on the roaming charges either. I was left still confused and unsatisfied with my overall experience with fido. You would think all customer service support lines should receive proper training for fido services so that the customer can be satisfied with the inquiry. I was very surprised at how the agent was not clear about how the roaming charges worked and agreed with me that it didn't make sense how i was getting charged over $100 for the roaming charges when I had my data turned off during my trip to the USA. I was getting charged $8 a day when I literally didn't leave the house and was using the home wifi. At the airport I was using airplane mode and wifi only as well. I am also really unhappy with my plan and am wondering if I can downgrade to a more affordable option. If there is any way I can talk to someone who can assist and work something out with these charges it would be greatly appreciated as I have been a loyal customer for 3 years now. 

Thank you,

Tina

1 REPLY 1

FidoVan

Hi there @tlw417 and welcome to the Community!

We understand getting a higher bill than usual is never pleasing. Regarding how Fido Roam works, you can visit this link for more information.

If you need assistance with your invoice, feel free to reach us out on our social media platforms in private: Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Alternately, we can send you a PM here as well.