cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment

FaribaUShah
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there! I am a new immigrant.I took the Fido connection after 2 days of my landing on March 15th.In the meantime,I also did bank works and ordered credit card.

My first bill is due tomorrow.But,unfortunately I have not received my credit card yet.They are delaying because of the COVID 19 situation.I want to pay my bill using the credit card which I will get on next Monday/Tuesday.Now,can I do the delay to pay my bill for this situation? If I am paying the bill after 3/4 days instead of tomorrow, will there be any problem? 

Please help me in this scenario.

Thank!

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @FaribaUShah,

Welcome to the community!

If you make your payment pass your due date the only thing that will happen is you will be charged a late payment fee on your next invoice.

FaribaUShah

Thanks @KAPABLE-K  for your reply 😊 But, I just noticed that in Fido FAQ that due to Covid 19 from March-June,they are not disconnecting the connection if anyone is not paying the bill.But,about the charge they have not mentioned anything though...

I am confused..What should I do? 

Hello again @FaribaUShah,

While it is true that Fido will not be disconnecting customer's services who are experiencing financial difficulties between March 16th until June 30th, 2020 they did not mention if the late payment fees will be waived so I will assume it applies unless they officially say the fee will be waived.

Your situation is different you want to make the payment but you are waiting for your credit card to arrive which will, in turn, cause you to miss your payment due date.

Your best option would be to contact customer service and let them know your situation and see if they will waive the late payment fee that will be generated if you miss the due date.

FaribaUShah

Thanks a lot @KAPABLE-K 

I am not getting any number through which I can communicate with Fido customer service.Can you help me in this regard?

Thanks in advance 

Hey @FaribaUShah,

Fido has many different methods to contact them you can see all those methods here. Alternatively, you can send a private message to @FidoSolutions here in the community and a moderator can help you.

For your situation, though I won't worry too much Fido would not disconnect a customer service because of one missed payment or late payment. You have to completely miss 2 or 3 payments before having to worry about getting your services suspended.

I wish I could further help you but since I'm a regular customer like yourself this is a much as I can help you with at this time 😉.