Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big data bill due to add ons

prathivu
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey Everyone,

Due to an unfortunate leg injury, I found myself in the position of having to work from home. As a result, I relied heavily on the internet to carry out my professional responsibilities. However, to my dismay, I discovered that my landlord's wifi was not functioning properly, leaving me without a reliable connection.

In order to rectify this situation, I had no choice but to seek an alternative solution. I decided to add 30 GB of data in add-ons to my existing plan, hoping that this would provide me with the necessary internet access to fulfill my work obligations.

Regrettably, this solution came at a considerable cost. I had to pay a total of $400 for the 30 GB add-ons. Given the unexpected and unavoidable circumstances that led to this expense, I believe it would be fair for Fido to arrange a more reasonable price for the additional data.

It is my sincere hope that Fido can understand the predicament I faced and consider offering a fair and accommodating resolution. This would greatly alleviate the financial burden I incurred as a result of relying on their services during my time of need.

In conclusion, I had to resort to adding 30 GB of data to my plan due to the unavailability of wifi at my residence. The cost of this add-on amounted to $400. I kindly request that Fido review my situation and consider offering a more suitable price for the additional data, taking into account the circumstances I found myself in.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Prathivu,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what concessions may or may not be available to you given your situation. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers