Benefit as a long time customer???

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Benefit as a long time customer???

My contract is up this coming month and I saw that the new pricing model for all the phone no advantage to be a customer in Fido at all. Upfront payment and monthly payment end up to be the same as buying it from Samsung my self. Are there any other different plan available? This new pricing model doesn't make any sense to me. Why would I stay with Fido when I can buy the phone myself and sign with another company for $40? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Re: Benefit as a long time customer???

Anyone want to take a crack? seems like it is easier to deal with the other company than trying to get help from Fido lol.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Hello @howardsiu,

@howardsiu wrote:

My contract is up this coming month and I saw that the new pricing model for all the phone no advantage to be a customer in Fido at all. Upfront payment and monthly payment end up to be the same as buying it from Samsung my self.

This is not true while I do see Fido has the new Galaxy S20 with the upfront cost and the monthly payments it would work out as if you were buying it retail but this is expected for a device that was just released you will not get a discount on the cost for a new product this early.

The benefits form Fido is you don't have to pay the full cost upfront you are able to spread out part of the cost.

Fido also gives you 5 extra hours of data every month and weekly perks.

If you compare the cost of the Galaxy S10 you can buy it directly from Samsung for $979.99 or you can get it from Fido for $0 upfront and $29.99 every month for the next 24 months that works out to be $719.76.

Promotions vary from time to time sometimes Fido even has credits when getting a new device even if it's $0 upfront. 

Are there any other different plan available?

Currently, the plans listed on the fido.ca are all that is available, sometimes you can get offers that are targeted to you If you have any offers it will pop-up when you log in to your account on fido.ca.

This new pricing model doesn't make any sense to me. 

With the increasing cost of phones, the new structure brings transparency now you can see exactly what is being paid for the service and what is being paid to the cost of the device. It would also allow you to change your plan anytime and not affect the phone payment. You can get more info on the new Payment Program here.

Why would I stay with Fido when I can buy the phone myself and sign with another company for $40? 

As a consumer is beautiful to have options, you are not forced to stay with Fido when comparing other providers you should also take into consideration the quality in service and the network coverage not just cost.

@howardsiu wrote:

Anyone want to take a crack? seems like it is easier to deal with the other company than trying to get help from Fido lol.

This is the Fido community, while it is moderated by Fido employees it is meant for customers to help each other.

If you need account-related help or negotiate offers you should reach out to customer service you can do so through any of the available methods listed here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Yes this is a community however when I send the Fido a private message they ask me to post it here so they will have someone get back to me ( I never understand why). Also If you get the S20 with another company with an even cheaper and better plan, Fido is about $400 more than the other company. I don;t even care if I have to pay full price or $0 upfront. The cost of staying with Fido is alot more when you do the math for the next 24 months. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

@ KAPABLE-K 

If you need account-related help or negotiate offers you should reach out to customer service you can do so through any of the available methods listed here.

Oh and your link is incorrect.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

Hello @howardsiu,

Which company is $400 less than Fido?

I updated the link to the correct one, thank you for the heads-ups, this is exactly why the community exists 😉.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6