cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been with fido for 10 years but likely switching.

User1464
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Always been on time with my payments and have been with fido since 2009 but loyalty/retention doesn't seem to care. At the moment I still have around 150 on my tab and I'm thinking about just buying out my tab and just selling the phone to get the money back I spent on the tab to get out of my contract early. Basically, there just doesn't seem to be a point in me staying because with Fido an iPhone Xs would force me into another 2 year contract and make me pay 300+ upfront and still have to pay 85+ dollars a month when I can get the phone for 0 dollars from a different carrier at a better monthly price. Unless I get a better deal to stay it doesn't seem like i'd be staying. Not really expecting anything since I've never been offered any decent promos in the last 10 years.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello User1464,

Welcome to the community!

When you're comparing the different offerings, be sure to make similar comparisons. Most offerings I have seen for that device with $0 dollars upfront require the higher subsidised plans and therefore higher monthly fees. Unless they're having a super special promotion, it seems unlikely that there's an offering with $0 and lower monthly fees. There are some providers with advertised lower monthly costs; however, those costs do not include the subsidy or tab. For the the total monthly cost, you would have to add the plan cost plus subsidy. Are you sure the carrier you've noted hasn't separated the plan and tab portions of the monthly cost?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers