cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bango Fraud

cmloader
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So once again Fido, someone is being scammed using your company and you are doing nothing about it. I will be following the other Fido users and canceling my account as Bango does not even respond to my complaint. I am being charged $13.43 per month for something I never ordered or approved. Bad customer service.

7 REPLIES 7

Squirrel168
I'm a contributor level 1

I got a $98 bill from Bango from the last bill. Fido told me to contact Bango myself. How is it legal that they charge me without having my consent for 3rd partying billing? Dont they need my consent to agree to such an arrangement? 

Can we have a lawsuit similar to that in US?

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/12/8593085/verizon-sprint-cramming-settlement-fcc-158-million

Danny84

clearly, fido got somekind of kickback from bango otherwise fido won't be protecting bango like this. when there is a multiple complaints regarding bango fido should realized that bangos is a fraud or non-legitament payments apps but since fido didn't do anything about it or not even try to help it's own customer clearly fido got a huge kickback from bango. bango billed me $131 out of nowhere.

Hey @cmloader , did you ever open an app and had a 🎁 gift box pop up and say you have a gift waiting, just enter your phone number? If so, that's a scam and once you enter your phone number your are automatically enrolled for fraudulent charges. This is very a very common problem with a lot of apps in both Google and Apple app stores. 

By entering your number it gives permission for billing through your carrier. There's a list of some android apps in the tips and tricks section that have been discovered as dangerous, take a look and see if you have any of them. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

These companies don't just randomly access your account. Usually you've visited some site or dloaded an app that gave them access. 

Squirrel168

That is just not true.

From what my research shown, they just need your phone number. And a lot of people got those charges with sim they used with apple and charges from google play store which they dont have an account with.

We should have a lawsuit similar to that in US.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/12/8593085/verizon-sprint-cramming-settlement-fcc-158-million

Danny84

yes, i agree, and since this charges on my tablet for data only, I don't even remember the phone number associated with my data-only plan. and yet bango got access and manage to charge me $131 out of nowhere.

Hi there @Danny84,

We replied to your other post which you can follow here.