cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bait/switch dishonest, poor service and time to leave!

SuperMad
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Sick of Fido playing games and treating the customer poorly. Company has zero loyalty even for a discount or no frills carrier.  Have been with Fido coming up to 2 years.  Have 3 lines (was looking at a 4th).  When signing up was told if credits fall off, just call and would replace with something current.   So...3x$10 credits fell off in March and they would NOT replace.  In August  was going to move my plans and was given a $10 credit back for 12 months for 1/3 lines. Was told over the phone there was nothing they could do but submit the request to another party and they would get back to me in 3 days.  All good, had a confirmation by email with an authorization number for a $10 credit starting Aug 20 to Aug 20, 2021.  Sure enough,  I call today to inquire and told it was a mistake because my plan was not authorized for the credit in the computer and cannot be applied.  No communication except for the confirmation email saying "changes to your Fido plan" with computer authorization number listing the credit!  Complete BS and super poor service from Fido. To may games and gimmicks, nothing  transparent.  This company does not want you taking to a human, only computers.  To make matters worse, waiting and going through too many options/menus to talk to a human, then they tell you the can only listen to the computer!  This happened 12 hours ago and I am still furious!  Be warned when dealing with this computer drone company.  Bell, Telus, Freedom... Ready to move!  I was a previous Rogers customer for over 22 years and jumped to Fido 2 years ago.  Since then another family member moved to Bell after 27 years with Rogers for same reasons and lack of loyalty.  Fido/Rogers...give your head a shake!  I am a very reasonable person but, now very bitter and will tell my story!  Everything I listed is Factual! 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SuperMad

Welcome to the Community. 

I am sorry to see you've had this kind of experience. It is not the kind of thing we want for our customers to go through. We want to be sure you receive complete and transparent information when it comes to your services. We're always working on getting the best possible deals for our customers. We value loyalty and do what we can to get extra sweet for our long-time customers. That being said, any kind of recurring monthly discount is an additional exceptional offer and are not usually renewable once they expire.

Our market is constantly changing and when your discount comes to an end, we would review all of the best available options, your usage and current plan to offer you what the best current deal we have. You should absolutely be able to speak with a representative by selecting the appropriate options when prompted by our IVR system over the phone. If you would like us to take another look into your account and options with you, there are a few different ways you can contact us right from here

We can also send you a PM from here through the Community if you prefer. Let us know!