cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad update

MrB3
I'm a contributor level 1

Tried my Fido app this AM, totally new front page after latest download update. Had to manually login ,there is no longer activate Face Recognition option.Going back to old technology! This will lose you this customer!!FIX THIS!

11 REPLIES 11

FidoVan

Hi there @MrB3,

Can you provide the following information so we can take a closer look at your situation please? The face recognition is still available on most iPhones after the new update.

- Make and model of your device:

- iOS or Android version installed:

- Fido app version installed:

Thank you!

MrB3

I can send screenshots of settings if you wish 

Thank you, 

After doing some tests on our end here, we can see that Facial unlock feature is still working. 

Are you certain you have the feature enabled in your settings? 

MrB3

My settings page does not have option for Face recognition OR Fingerprint option

I believe it's under Accessibility, and then 'Face ID and Attention' 

MrB3

Lol I just uninstalled the app, then dl and logged in and lo n behold, I get the same situation as before, no options for Face ID or Fingerprint. Thanks for your suggestion but there also is no listing on any pages mentioning "accessibility"

Hello @MrB3,

I believe he is referring to the accessibility setting in the phone's settings, not the app.

MrB3

I use Face ID for most of my apps including access to my IPhone, so yes, it's turned on!

Hi there @MrB3,

The Face ID feature was removed with the last Fido app update for security reasons. We understand a lot of our customers use that so we'll enable it back eventually once it'll be safe. At the moment, we do not have an estimated time of when.

Sorry for the situation.

MrB3

iPhones 12, iOS 16.3.1

Fido app V  4.24.0

Hey there @MrB3 , sorry to hear that you don't like the new layout. I don't have facial recognition so I don't really understand the lack of it. I have fingerprint recognition and good old password sign in. You must be on an iPhone,  so I hope someone that understands your predicament can chime in to see if it's a glitch or that it's been removed. I hope it gets figured out.