cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backordered devices

amartin390
I'm a participant level 2

Ordered 2 new phones last week. New account. Agent said phones were in stock, shipping 2-5 business days. Today I get an email they are back ordered and could be 4+ weeks! Not happy already. Called and they said oh give it couple of days it may change. Really Fido??

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @amartin390,

Welcome to the community!

Depending on the demand for the device it is possible when the account was being set up the device showed in stock but went out of stock at the time it was processed.

Fido will try to get a device as soon as possible but if you can not wait you can check a store location to see if they have it and then cancel the online order and see if you can get it at the location, you should note that if you got any deals or promotions at the time you register and if it is not available you will not be able to get it back if you cancel the online order and do it in store.

amartin390

Thanks. I tried to get through the local store first. They do not answer the phone. I left messages for a call back but nothing. That was a week ago. Also tried through Best Buy. Again not available. Not good first impression of Fido and supposed promotions. 

Hey @amartin390! I hope you're doing well. 🙂

Has there been any update since your last post? If not, you can also reach out to us via private message on our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, X (Twitter), and Google) for assistance.

Keep up posted!

amartin390

Finally canceled the online order and got phones at local store. Lots of frustration but all good now. Fido needs to improve promo inventory handling.